Sree Narayana Law College, Poothotta, Ernakulam proudly announces the results of 3rd SNLC Legal Essay Writing Competition, 2017. The theme this year was “Cyber Security- Evolving Challenges to Law“.
The results are:
- Best Essay- Anakha K Vijay, 8th Semester, BA. LL.B (Hons), The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi, Kerala
- Second Best Essay- Tejpal Singh Rathore, 4th Semester, B.B.A. LL.B (Hons), Gujarat National Law University, Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat
- Third Best Essay- Tushar Pal & Chandra Mohan, Chanakya National Law University, Patna, Bihar and Mr. V. Parthasarthi, B.B.A. LL.B (Hons), ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad
Sree Narayana Law College expresses sincere gratitude to LIVELAW, who has been their media partner for the last two editions and Kerala High Court Cases (KHC) and Kerala Law Journal (KLJ) who were their journal partners.
For any further clarifications please contact:
- Aravind Menon, Faculty Coordinator (09895839433)
- Vijo Varghese, Student Coordinator (09995567888)
Topics: SNLC Legal Essay Writing Competition
ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI University, Dehradun, is pleased to announce a one day National Seminar on “REFORMS IN PERSONAL LAWS IN INDIA: PROBLEMS & PROSPECTS” on 08th April, 2017 (Saturday).
Call for Papers
ICFAI Law School invites Research Papers, Articles & Case Studies from Students, Academicians, Advocates, Research Scholars & all members of intellectual community to come for paper presentation & discussion which will take place during the seminar.
The sub themes/issues are as follows:
- Need for Reforms in Personal Laws in India: An Analysis.
- Scope of Reforms in Personal Laws is a matter of Legislative Policy.
- Authoritative sources behind Personal Laws in India and Role of Religion to control the Personal Laws.
- Challenging of Personal Laws under Part- III of the Constitution of India.
- Accountability of Secular State for violations caused by the operation of Personal Laws.
- Scope of re-writing the Personal Laws of a community for social reforms.
- Scope of Judicial Interpretation over the matter of Personal Laws based on religious scriptures in India.
- Whether for reforms, it is permissible to change the practices or acts done in pursuance of religion?
- Scope of Reforms in Personal Laws vis-a-vis religious communities in India.
- Scope of Introduction of Uniform Civil Code in India.
Above identified issues /sub themes are only illustrative. Participants may select the related topics covered under the main theme.
Participation / Registration Fees
Registration till 25th March, 2017
Rs. 500 for Students/ Research Scholars
Rs. 800 for Advocates/Academicians
Registration after 25th March, 2017
Rs. 600 for Students/ Research Scholars
Rs. 1000 for Advocates/Academicians
For detailed information a copy of brochure is attached herewith and for any queries please call: (+91) 8941827247, 7895545457 or 8755834111
Or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or kindly visit this website.
Facebook Page is here.
Amarjeet Ranjan (8941827247)
Vishal Parashar (7895545457)
Tamana Kaushik (8755834111)
The full brochure is here.
Have an opportunity or an event to share (moots, conferences, courses, internships, jobs, etc.)? Share it with Lawctopus and reach 1000s of law students and young graduates.