Advantages of Facebook
Facebook is the most popular social networking site of all time , it has helped a lot to cut down the physical boundaries , and it has its many benefits for personal or for the business purposes .
Facebook has experienced dramatic growth , it has reached more than a billion users and it is still growing rapidly , and it can be very useful but you must avoid becoming addicted to it , it has good privacy setting as you can start a video call , and upload the photos and the videos without charge .
Facebook is free and it’s one of the best medium for communication , It can help you connect to different people from anywhere in the world as almost every people around the world use it .
Facebook helps you connect and share with the people in your life , You can connect and find your old school friends and college friends , you can connect with your relatives and you can make new friends on Facebook from the different areas of world , You can connect with people by using Facebook chat and the messages .
Facebook lets you connect to different people from anywhere in the world, it help you learn more about the culture , the values , the customs , and the traditions of the other countriesin the world .
Many people specially the students use Facebook chat for group discussions , while some businesses use it for short meetings , it provides a simple and small chatting application that you can use to chat with your friends .
You can sell a product or promote the products or the services , thus you increase the possibilities of making money on the Internet . It allows the establishment of partnerships between various projects .
You can increase your brand value and social media presence for your business , It helps you to find new leads and client, if you use it properly , You can use Facebook Ads and Fans page to advertise your business that allows you to target people of specific age , geographic location , interests , So , They help make your ads most useful and effective .
Facebook provides many gaming and Facebook apps that you can use and enjoy such as the photo editing , the horoscope , the stock analysis while some people open Facebook only to play the games .
Facebook offers you an email address which works just like Yahoo , Gmail , Outlook , and Hotmail , It allow you to send and receive email with users both within and outside of the site . It is based on your Facebook user name , And you can also receive the files attachment through Facebook email .
Facebook is a source of information and news , It is one of the best sources to stay updated with the latest news and updates , you will not miss the important updates , The Bloggers and Internetmarketers can subscribe to popular blog Fan pages and keep themselves up with latest updates .
Disadvantages of Facebook
If you use Facebook for online banking , the social networking or other services , you may risk a theft to your personal information such as the name , the address , the credit card number , So , The unscrupulous people can access this information through unsecured connections or by planting software and then use your personal details for their benefit , And they cause many serious troubles .
Facebook users are often suffer from the virus attacks on their systems , Virus programs are inconspicuous and may get activated if you click a seemingly harmless link , So , the computers that are connected to the internet are very prone to targeted virus attacks and may end up crashing .
Spamming refers to sending the unwanted e-mails in bulk which provide no purpose and needlessly obstruct the entire system , It can be very frustrating for you as it makes your Internet slower and less reliable .
Thepornography is the biggest disadvantage of Facebook which allows you to access and download millions of pornographic photos , the videos , They can be detrimental for the children and the teenagers , And they can play a havoc in the marital and the social lives of the adults .
Many hackers have similar websites to Facebook , They continuously send the emails to the people asking to log in to their account to check new photos of Facebook Scam .
Facebook is vulnerable to the attacks , Several hackers actively alter people’s profile information , Many Facebook users can tell you that they noticed change in their profile information while they were not logged in .
Many people use Facebook day and night without thinking how much time they have wasted on it , and that they could have done more important work during that time .
Your personal information exposed to every friend of yours or even to the public . On Facebook your personal life updates come to the notice of all your friends and others , and so your privacy is compromised .
Many pictures are uploaded on Facebook every day , On opening those virus-attached pictures , you create danger to your data and your computer as Facebook or any other website can’t check for all kind of viruses .
Facebook is a useful and helpful tool but it becomes harmful if you begin to waste your valuable time because the loss of your precious time can lead to other problems , As you spend so much time in commenting , viewing others pictures , playing games or doing other stuff .
What is Facebook? Well, no one is unaware of that! Facebook is a social networking site where you connect and share your day to day life with our friends, family and the world out there. it connects you to the various social circles out there. it helps you to keep in touch with your friends, post your pictures and videos, share links and exchange information. Facebook is the largest social networking site in the world, with 750+ million active users. It promotes and facilitates your interaction with everyone.
Here are some of the major advantages and disadvantages of using Facebook in today’s era.
Pros of Facebook 🙂
- Facebook has nowadays become the most famous platform for creating and promoting brands by many individuals and businesses. It is arguably the most powerful social media platform for networking out there. you can sell and promote your product/service to a highly-targeted audience, thus increasing the possibilities of making money online. Since this is a global platform, distance and location are no more treated as barriers. It also allows partnerships for various projects. You can also make a fan page and increase your brand value and social presence for you brand. This helps you to find new leads and clients.
- It is a major source of entertainment for people around the globe. From sharing photos and thoughts to memes and videos, everyone uses Facebook for refreshing themselves up a bit.
- Facebook also come with a translation feature, helping you to easily connect with users from different and far away countries who speak a variety of different languages. Facebook not only allows but also encourages us to connect with everyone.
- You can now video chat on Facebook too. The feature has been recently implemented in partnership with skype. You can easily face-time your friends now at any hour using the inbuilt video chat service.
- You can host your images and videos on Facebook. And the best part is that you can control through the privacy settings for your individual albums as to who can see what you share. You can also download your own photos and videos the number of times you wish, thus keeping a backup plan for you forever. Moreover, Facebook also provides a backup account feature.
- It helps you to stay updated with the latest news and information. Bloggers and internet marketers too subscribe to popular blog fan pages and keep themselves aware of the latest updates.
- Facebook works as a personal portfolio for you. You can create dramatic first time impressions for your personal profile branding by the timeline cover. It can simply help tell people quickly what you are all about. It can also help people see your expertise and connect with you easily.
Cons of Facebook 🙁
- The foremost and major concern of Facebook is related to the privacy. it has already created a huge amount of buzz over this topic. It highly increases the risks of people going through your profile and misusing your photographs. Many such scenarios have arisen, thus leading to the privacy features. But still this does not totally eradicate this issue by any means.
- Using it for online banking, social networking or other services, increasing the risks of this leading to the theft of your personal information such as your name or card number. People can access this information through unsecured connections or through software’s and use it for their benefit. This could lead to some major troubles.
- Virus attacks are a getting a more too often nowadays due to Facebook usage. Virus programs are inconspicuous and may get activated if you click a seemingly harmless link, even though by mistake. Thus, these users are very prone to virus attacks and this result is their systems crashing.
- Spamming is also an issue of Facebook. It leads to your mailbox getting stacked up with unwanted e-mails. This is very frustrating and makes your system slower and less reliable.
- Facebook addiction in children and teenagers is the greatest concern for parents. They keep on using it day and night without even realizing the amount of time they have wasted on it. This affects their day to day routines and mainly studies.
- Your personal life is basically on display and any updates comes in the notice of friends and others. Thus, your privacy is compromised.
- Pornography is the biggest disadvantage of Facebook. It allows you share and download millions of photos and videos thus impacting the lives of children and teenagers. They can also create a havoc in the marital and social lives of adults.